Sunday, January 17, 2010

Prada 1st Look!

I Love To Sleep In, But I Don't Mind Waking Up Early…

This Morning I Set My Alarm And Woke To Watch Prada Fall Winter Stream Live Online.

With Fashion Insiders Tweeting During The Show You Can Feel A BIT Of The Show Excitement…

GQ Wrote: Pre-show drama- the styrofoam-y bench with SuZy Menkes and others keeps collapsing.

SHOWstudio Wrote: A bit of drama! Part of the seating has collapsed and needs to be replaced before we can continue!

GQ: new styrofoam blocks have been brought in. We assume Rem has approved them. show can begin

GQ: Our seats are sinking...

SHOWstudio: You were probably all watching online, but Prada did doubleface jersey tailoring, shrunken knits and geometric prints. Very 1996

WWD: Seating malfunction at Prada! Foam bench caves under a few European editors. Others in a saggy peril.

WWD: Co-ed Prada show veers between tasteful urban basics and tacky Seventies loudness.

DazedMagazine: Just came out of the Prada show, amazing only Prada can pull off a sound track of Shakespeares Sister, Oasis and Nirvana!

DazedMagazine: Prada menswear A/W10 grunge meets science lab with a bit 70's Pierre Cardin thrown in.

GQ: Prada is a big hit. Masculine shapes & familiar fabrics but with a kick-up for a new modern world.

SHOWstudio: Not sure if the souped up nineties soundtrack at Prada was a subtle nod to the retro retro references or just a coincidence.

SO Without Seeing The Detail Of The Clothes Like You Can In Real Life, I'm Waiting To See The Full Show.

I Know I Was A Little Annoyed That Prada Showed SO Many Women's Looks For The Men's Show… I Feel Cheated A Little…









2 comments:

Aviva said...

So I watched the video. I could hav managed to wake up at 10 but that didn't happen. I'm wearing an aude to Prada I think S/S 08, lace? sorry...
NEways to was kinda annoying to watch because I wanted to see the clothes closer up.
OMG the sinking chairs! That is grand! I like the 70's preints but they were a tad tacky. the cropped sweater vests were so 90's but i love the 90's!
wish we could have been there to sink into foam!

Blamo said...

MMMM Foam…

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...